Steampunk is our theme at Sugar Creek Hollow this week... and the design team has so many great cards to share with you.. I took a peek and loved every one of them.
My card works up very well for a masculine card, as I had hoped. Some things do work out as planned.. right? I never seem to have enough 'masculine' type of cards on hand and while this one is quite masculine, it's generic enough that I could use it as a birthday or thank you card, or simply 'thinking of you'. I love having a card like this in my stash and need more. How 'bout you?
I did a lot of distressing with Tim Holtz' distress inks, used black and brown cardstock as well as some DP, a sticker from the Tim Holtz Ideaology collection, the key is from a Nesties die and the main picture is a digi download from The Graphics Fairy. Karen (The Graphics Fairy) has so many wonderful FREE vintage, steampunk and antique images that are perfect for card-making as well as other paper crafts. Please check Karen's wonderful website out.. what a truly generous lady. You will find so much inspiration at her site.
I hope you will join us in our Steampunk Challenge this week. Just create something steampunk, link it up at our challenge page, and join in the fun. One very lucky random winner will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge to display. The Design Team will choose one project as 'Card of the Week' and the creator will receive a badge and will be in the running for a Guest Designer spot. It's a fun challenge and one that I hope will get you in a creative mood.
I'm also entering this card in these challenges today...
- ATCs & Cards With Attitude - Steampunk
- Pattie's Creations - Anything Goes
- Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
- Stampin' For The Weekend - Anything Goes
- Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - Monochromatic
- Create Me Pink - Tear it up and/or distressing
- Cute Card Thursday - Anything goes
- Pixie Dust Studio - Use Favorite Things (kraft, black papers and collage items)
- Sarah Hurley Challenges - Steampunk
- Divas by Design - distressing
- Gingersnap Creations - last century
- Scrapbook Sisters - anything goes
- Waste Not Wednesday - use your forgotten stuff
- Whimsy Inspiration - anything goe